Searcher 1

I would weld an adapter to that part of the tank. At least something that I
could put a pipe thread to.
I have Crapsman and lots of it, So far (knock on wood) I have only had two
problems and that was with a "best value" item, a disc grinder, I would
vibrate so bad you couldn't hold it to do the job. I took it back and
without any hesitation I received a new one. You could say that Bob Villia
(sp) lives here I have so much Carftsman. I have never broken a hand tool
although the ratchets do tend to wear. Maybe I have just been lucky thus
far. And oh yeah, I did have a Craftsman compressor, it worked for the week
I had it, it was just so loud you couldn't be in the same space with it. I
did return that and bought an I R, which I just have serious affection over.
That thing (60 gal) is so quiet and so powerful. It too broke after 6
months, the pressure switch went up on it. But I called IR on a Tues. around
3 pm and can you believe they had the new part at my door the next morning
sometime before 9 am!!! Now thats customer satisfaction!.

Searcher 1

"Roy" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:17:55 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

===I know, I know, I'd never buy one but this one arrived from a
neighbor!
===
===The outlet copper tube is held in place and sealed by a small rubber
===gasket, looks like an 'O' ring with a molded on flat spot on one
side.
===All of this sets into a grove in the cast aluminum (??) head. Head
gets
===hot, vulcanizes the rubber, rubber gets hard, tube gets spit out of
the
===head. New gasket is $2.16 plus S&H, no delivery date, not available
===locally.
===
===Proper fix is to drill and tap for a 5/16" compression or flare
fitting,
===not enough thickness to get a realiable thread. Plus I'd still have
===seal up the old slot. JB Weld to goop in proper fitting has some
merit
===but that brings up a few questions:
===1) Would it hold up to the heat?
===2) Would it hold up to the vibrations/pressure?
===3) Is there something better than JB Weld for this??
===
===Worst case is I order the gasket, install, and send it back with an
"I
===don't want to see this again"

My C-H is the same way and its going strong since about 1990.........

I really think once the name Crapsman or Sears is stuck on any item it
literally starts to self destruct...........I will hand Crapsman and
Sears one thing..they have a propensity to be able to have an item
designed as cheaply as possible and yet resemble another high quality
item without any quality being utilized in the entire manufacturing
process, and get top dollar for such trash to boot! You know what they
say...once a Sears customer, always a Sears customer.............me I
am 100% Sears / Craftsman free I purged it all years ago and never
looked back.

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired from
selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired
from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is
best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your
fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS