Andrew V

Vinny,

I ck'ed out your site and I'll keep you in mind as my plans firm up.

Thanks for the input

Andrew

"Vinny" wrote in message

If you have Onix (Black) Hose you are fine. Never been a problem with
it. same goes for Entran 3 (color orange) . The problem is that
goodyear did not use EPDM for the E2 (entran 2) hose but SBR which just
can't hold up to hot water. , the bad Hose was orange. but turned dark
red as it bcame brittle. It got so brittle it would crack plus it had
no Oxygen barrier which means the Boiler would rust out from the
inside. As far as I know there are no 'problem' radiant products on the
market now. The trace wire that was used in the early hose's did not
work out well in the real world due to rebar, wire mesh and buried
electrical wires causing false readings on the detector sets.

FYI plastic radiant tubes called 'PEX' are fantastic when it comes to
durability and ability to withstand slab cracking . As long as the
crack happens over time the PEX just expands. During the San Franscisco
earthquake to 1990? the slab cracking happened too fast for the PEX to
expand so much of it failed but the Heatway hose's did fine. PEX is
destroyed by direct sunlight !

Hose type radiant systems are great for commercial jobs where there are
lots of tradesman walking on the tubes. it is also kink proof which is
good for 'rookie' installers but by far its best use is staple-up
underfloor retrofit's under title, wood or carpet floors. it does not
expand and contract like PEX.