Elle

Thanks for your quick responses, Mike, Dave, and 3rdEye. I'll start making
inquiries.

I gather you mean that this is a hand-actuated sprayer: One manually pumps
it to get the pressure necessary. But that's no big deal given the thinness
of Thompson's Water Seal.

I saw another recent thread here that talks about water seals for docks.
Thompson's apparently isn't thought highly of in this area. Is that the
same for something vertical like a wood fence?

I'll look up water seals in Consumer Reports later today, per the dock
thread.

"3rd eye" wrote
wrote:

Hello,

I have 100 feet or so of wooden fence to which I want to apply Thompson
Water Seal (or similar). I looked at some spray guns at Lowe's and

Wal-Mart
yesterday. Can anyone make a suggestion?

I am willing to spend up to about $80, assuming the more expensive spray
guns will make life a lot easier.

TIA,

Elle

If you're thinking about these Wagner power painter units that sell
for less than $100-

SAVE YOUR MONEY.

They might work ok for painting a piece of furniture, but useless for
much else.

As Jersey Mike said a simple pump sprayer will work for you.