Rich Grise

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:19:19 -0600, Chris W wrote:

I want a circuit that will turn a light on with the press of a momentary
switch and then turn it back off when the momentary switch is hit
again. I had heard that a flip flop might be the way to go. After some
reading, I have found that a flip flop is a much more complex device
than I was lead to believe. I think a flip flop would some how do the
job, but it is going to take some more reading before I figure out how.
If you have been reading some of my other posts, you know that I want to
turn on and off more than one light, so I need several of these
circuits, preferably using the minimum number of components.

Another option I would like to explore is to turn the light on and off
using 2 inputs. Say we have in put A and B. If input B is high, when
input A goes high, turn the light on, or leave it on. If input B is
low, when input A goes hight, turn the light off, or leave it off.

What's your goal here? To learn about flip-flops, or to turn a light on
and off? If the latter, just get a push-on-push-off switch. PCs used to
have them - it's a mechanical action, a la a clicker ballpoint pen.

Cheers!
Rich