Stefek Zaba

Mike wrote:

Why not just use the superior continental plug/sockets ?
Not sure how they stand under part P but they cannot actually be banned here
as they are the approved IEC socket, not our oversized Swedish-reject
monstrosity.

UK domestic (and light-commercial) wiring practice relies heavily on
fuses in each plug to protect the flex: where Yurrip and the You Ess go
for a larger number of radials with 16A or 20A breakers, the large
majority of our premisesesis wired with 30A/32A rings. So we cannae swap
to unfused plugtops without a massive program of rewiring, or weird
ideas like fuses in each socket - which again would be Different from
Continental practice.

'Snot as if the Continentals are all uniformly standardised, either...