Richard

Al Reynolds wrote:

Would it not be simplest in this case to get the landowner to
do the work separating the parcel of land (paying their own
solicitor) and then do a normal transfer on that parcel.

I was going to ramble on about who is benefiting most from this
transaction but I really think that it's going to be too much trouble to
go through a formal transfer. They're much better off just moving a
fence to benefit the new owner in return for a wodge of notes to the
current owner and forgetting about the registration issues. Give it 10
years and apply for adverse possession. That'll cost the OP a certain
amount but, if the current owner doesn't object, should be less hassle
than trying to do it properly now.

Believe me, the LR is one of the few national institutions that
I still hold in very high esteem - my dealings with them have
always been a pleasure and the standard of service exemplary.

Ta! Just pretend you didn't see the paragraph above ;-)

Regarding leaving things "to those who have done it before",
I still think it is worth considering whether any of the costs can
be avoided, but like you said, it depends on the complexity of
the particular case.

Al

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info