Dave Hinz

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:42:46 -0500, Buck Frobisher wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. OK, so if the best way to go is a new top
over the old, there is one thing more I need to ask.

I think that'll be more sanity-saving for you.

One of the top corners of the old masonite has come unglued, and is missing
an irregularly-shaped piece roughly 1" x 2". Do I just square out the chip,
glue a new piece in there and then go re-cover the whole top and edges?

Yes, I'd treat it like an inlaid hinge or similar; clean it out to
a constant depth to the right shape, and fill it in with the repair
material. Good router practice for working with templates if nothing
else.

Dave Hinz