Dan Oelke

busbus wrote:
snip
I have tried a lot of things to help level it with various degrees of
success, but none that I am happy with (yet).

I was wondering if camper stabilier jacks, like these, would work:

http://tinyurl.com/6l6j9

They seem straight-forward, easy to use, and seem like they would
certainly stabilize the saw.

No - they won't work. I have those kind of legs on my pop-up camper and
they work great for that, but I can't imagine them working well to level
a piece of equipment. The problem is that you need to extend them a
little beyond the length you want, and then as you put weight on them
they will shorten (just a little) and lock in place. With the camping
trailer it works great to use the front jack to tip it just past the
level point, drop the legs, and then go back with the front jack to put
the load on them. With a saw you would have to be lifting that side of
the saw and trying to set the length all at once.

If you go for the scissors style jack, then you can just turn the wrench
on each corner to level it out. Gives you nice easy fine adjustment.
Those stabilizer legs that you showed are only coarsely adjustable, and
not very good at that.

Dan