Bill Otten

Everything I've read from you in this thread indicates a very favorable
level of support from Grizzly. With the offer of replacing the top half
assembly of the saw, then the entire saw....it sounds like they're 100%
behind their product. That makes me feel good since I too, own a G0555. I've
had zero problems with mine, short of the original blade supplied being a
slow cutter. But I think the norm is to use an aftermarket blade on most of
the saws in this 'level' of purchase. Let us know how the story unfolds.....

bill otten

"joeD" wrote in message
I spoke to Grizzly tech support again this morning and they are sending me
a new saw. For anyone worried about Grizzly support let me tell you this
incident takes any doubt from my mind. They are going to assemble the
replacement and check it to make sure everything is proper. The only thing
that could make this better is them having a B&M close by to cut down on
the transfer times. Anyone know what the going rates on real estate are in
Muncy PA?

"joeD" wrote in message
My Grizzly G0555 came last week and after the initial setup everything
seemed pretty good, blade was square to the table, fence seemed to be
pretty nice and the wheels were coplanar. Even after adding a riser. The
blade that came with it sucked right off the bat so I didn't put much
time into setting up the guides knowing I would be ordering new blades.
Made some quick adjustments and started playing around doing some test
cuts but the blade seemed to burn most anything I put near it. So I
pretty much left it alone. It did seem to burn (cut) straight though.

Well today my Timberwolfs arrived. I put a 1/2" 3 tpi on and adjusted the
guides fairly low to the table then went to find a sacrificial piece of
wood to try it out on. When I raised the guide I realized the thrust
bearing (is that right?) was hitting the back of the blade. So went to
readjust it and had to bring it out almost a 1/4". Seems the guide post
is not lined up properly. Grizzly suggested shimming under the riser
which worked, but then the wheels were not coplanar. The top wheel needed
to come out almost 1/4". This didn't seem like a problem since I never
throw away a piece of hardware but putting 2 washers on the back of the
wheel leaves me only enough thread for half the bolt.

I did take the riser off and the stock 6" guide was off about half so I
don't think the riser is the problem.

Grizzly offered to first send a new upper portion of the bandsaw and if
that doesn't work they will replace the whole saw. But I want to make
sure I am not missing something or doing something wrong before I do
this. Also I am afraid what I get could be worse. Being new a total
bandsaw noob I need to know if these problems are normal or am I
expecting to much? And mostly what would you do?

BTW the saw seems to cut nice, plenty of power. I cut some slices from a
six inch piece of cherry and the thickness was pretty even according to
my dial indicator.