Tony Bryer

Default Just seen another horror story

In article , Imm wrote:
The uprights need not be too thick to hold up a house. With
a timber framed house the rooms are exact in that if it
supposed to 4 x 5 metres it is. They are also square.

Whilst unfortunately the walls under sometimes aren't. In my BCO
days we had more than one case of having to insist on work
stopping until the substructure walls had been rebuilt in the
right place.

One of the big problems with timber frame is that it is far more
liable to problems if the bricklayers (and others) do not do a
good job. It may or may not be better now, but then things like
accuracy in setting out, not dropping mortar down cavities and
proper firestopping were often not there.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm