Ed Huntress

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:25:26 -0500, Grunty Grogan wrote:

But I only THOUGHT I hated T316 before this.

I worked in a machine shop with an associated foundry. If anybody ever
found out exactly how this happened they didn't tell, but a bucket or
two of ball bearings were dumped into the melt at some point such that
they didn't melt.....

Nothing like spending two days machining on a large casting and
hitting what looked liked grapes..... it isn't fun trying to run from
what was left of a 1.5 inch diameter end mill that was 8 inches long,
either....

For the next several weeks, an eruption of cussing and brisk activity
was most likely caused by hitting one of those little joys....

We hit a HSS tap once, right in the middle of a block of steel. I forget
what the grade was. We sent it back to the service center and suggested they
wrap it around their necks. g

--
Ed Huntress