jim rozen

In article , Dave Hinz says...

I think I should be allowed to disregard the posted speed
limits. It's only unskilled drivers who pose a danger to
themselves and others on the road, by driving above the
speed limit.

You are continuing to miss the point. You keep coming up
with examples that are unsafe for anyone, equally. Alcohol
can't NOT make you a worse driver. It's a biological
influence. Running a red light, (if by "running" you
mean "ignore and go through without looking") is unsafe
for anyone, equally.

No. I *always* look both ways before going through a red
light. That makes me a super-safe driver, so I should be
allowed to do that. Only the poor drivers don't look both ways,
and crash when they go through red lights.

We should make stopping at red lights optional, but only
punish the bad drivers who crash when doing so. Don't ticket
the act of passing through a red light, only ticket actual poor
driving as demonstrated by crashing.

This is exactly the same as your view of cell phone use as
far as I can determine.

Jim

please reply to: