Stormin Mormon

The electronic ignition modules I've seen (one or two) require you to remove
the flywheel to get at the wires to the coil.

No special tools. Well, brass face hammer. Remove center nut, stick a big
screw driver under the flywheel and pull up good and hard. Use brass face
hammer to pound center of crankshaft good and hard. The impact (combined
with your upward pull) usually pops it loose.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in message
.. .
"Stormin Mormon" wrote
Airgap from flywheel to the coil should be about
.014 or so, which works out
about the thickness of a cardboard box from spark plugs.
Coil should be dry to work.
Grounding wires to shutoff switch should be insulated,
and not grounded. We talking points or electronic?

Possibly points. The points could be under the flywheel, and to
remove the flywheel, I need special tools. I'm thinking of installing
an electronic ignition conversion kit, which might cost less than
the tools.

Before converting, I will do more checkup from the new advices.