Tom Gardner

Default Removing paint from inside of a steel cabinet

I'll trade you all the brushes that you will need for smoked meat...no pets
please, freezer full of kittens and puppies.

"Ignoramus29670" wrote in message
I have this enclosure

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/ferrups-meat-smoker/

and I would like to remove paint from inside, and to preserve paint
on the outside.

The reason why I want to remove the inside paint (and replace it with
a BBQ grill paint) is food safety. I do not know what kind of paint it
is. The expected temps inside are going to be about 250 degrees max.

The reason why I want to keep the outside paint is for looks and to
prevent rust.

I think that I have a few alternatives.

1. A wire brush on a drill.

2. Sandblasting. Can I do it relatively inexpensively with a
harbor freight compressor? We have a HF store nearby and perhaps I
could buy some sand blaster kit, which I would then keep for future
projects. I know nothing about sand blasting.

The advantage of a wire brush approach is that I do not have to drive
to harbor freight, spend money and time on that, but it is a time
consuming task nevertheless.

thanks