Joseph Meehan

orangetrader wrote:
I need to route a 3" PVC drain pipe from my garage (from the washer)
to the kitchen drain.

There is an interior wall separating the kictchen and garage. The
washer is sitting against this interior wall about six feet from the
exterior block wall. The kitchen sink is against the block wall on
the other side about another 4 feet from the interior wall. So from
the washer to the kitchen sink you have to route the drain along the
interior wall, then make a turn to connect to the kitchen drain.

My question is, should I do the routing from the inside or outside?

Inside: Run the drain from the washer inside the interior wall.
When we reach the exterior wall, make a 90 degree turn and go through
the interior wall. The other side is the kitchen cabinet. Drill
through the kitchen cabinet divider and reach the sink bottom, then
open up the wall from the inside, and connect to it.

Outside: Run the drain from the washer inside the interior wall.
When we reach the exterior wall, drill a hole in the concrete block
wall so the pipe can run through. Next locate where the kitchen
drain is in that wall, knock it open. Once you see where it is,
break the exterior wall from the outside and notch a trench that will
take you from there to the kitchen drain. Connect the pipes up inside
the block wall, then cover it back up with concrete, apply stucco and
repaint the outside.

Which way is better? How do one drill a three inch diameter hole
through a conrete block wall? How easy is it to chisel out a trench
along the wall to seat a 3" pipe completely inside? I think that
would be a lot of work? I think routing the pipe completely out and
back in will be real bad right?

Perhaps you would like to suggest where you live. In southern Ireland
running it outside should not be a problem, in Alaska US it is not going to
be a good idea.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math