TURTLE

"Andy Hill" wrote in message
"TURTLE" wrote:
2] 1/2 of the other inside walls is solid Cypress Walls. I'm going to paint
it
white with paint but I'm going to lay Sheet Rock over the wood walls , first
level the walls & cover up the cracks that you can see through to the outside
and then paint it white. So 1/2 of the inside walls will be painting sheet
rock
from scratch. i have been told primer white and then paint white paint. So how
to paint this ?

Cracks where you can see through to the outside? Hope you're planning on
doing
one heck of a good caulking job on the outside before you paint...drywall
doesn't like wet. Even with the caulking, I'd probably lean towards
greenboard
or skim-coated concrete board -- caulking has a habit of failing, and a camp
isn't something you can keep an eye on every day. Heck, I'd be real leery
about painting at all -- the walls don't sound all that moisture proof, and I
think you'll be looking at bubbled paint in short order on the non-drywalled
sections, and mold / mildew behind the drywall to boot.

We will never get this place perfect for we are not worried about mold or mildew
or paint pealing for we are just tring to keep the snakes , wood rats, and coons
out of the walls if we can. if the mold of stuff like that gets bad we will just
spray it down with bleach and kill it off and then repaint it. Bleach , a 22
rifle, rat poisin , and new paint is the cure all. The other day we put 5 boxes
of moth ball in the cracks of the wall to run the Snakes & animal out before we
close it up.

Now Tomorrow nite i will reread all this to get a ideal of the route to take.

TURTLE