Eric

Alan Smithee wrote:

Rob wrote:
I'm stumped, one of the rooms in our house recently developed a
strong odor. I think it smells sort of dirty-feetish, my wife says
no, smells like dead animal (though she admits she has no idea what a
dead animal smells like). We've walked around sticking our noses in
everything but simply can't locate it. It's an old house and the
room is in a refinished attic. (As I'm tying this, the wife has now
informed me that it's not JUST a dead animal, but she's certain it
smells like a squirrel!! I'm waiting for her to let me know if it's a
6 month old, grey, male squirrel. Who needs a gas chromatograph with
her around ). So, any ideas on how to locate a hard to find smell?

Use a dog.

The hell with the dog, use your wife, watch which way she points when her
expression is the worst - thats where the dead animal is.
Eric