Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department Postmaster

Kathy wrote:
"oreo123" wrote in message

due to redesign of wall materials the boxes are not flush with the wall.

Now

some boxes are as much as a half inch behind the wall. So we need

electrical

extension boxes.

Are they adjustable? And where can one order them online?

TIA

Why dont you shim the outlet to the correct height. I used some small beads
to do it in my kitchen.

Kathy
Shimming the receptacle out to the surface of the wall does nothing to
restore the integrity of the box so it will contain any sparks or arc
flash to the interior of the box. In order to do that you have to
install metal or plastic box extenders that bring the front edge of the
box back out to the face of the plaster. The code requires that boxes
in combustible wall finishes must be flush with the surface or protrude
from it. Boxes in non combustible surfaces may be recessed no more than
one eighth of an inch.
--
Tom H