Duane Bozarth

Stu Pittasso wrote:

I use Behr paint a lot and have had good luck with it. Steer clear from
Home Depot's red-headed, demon stepchild paint, Glidden. Worst crap I ever
used.

I've used a lot of Glidden over the years and found it quite
serviceable...don't know about the particular HD ones, however.

Two different managers at two different HDs steered me to the Glidden
oil-based primer and Behr top coat. I did some other checking w/ an
independent contractor here in town and he didn't have a different
opinion.

We put about 30 gal primer and 50 gal (so far) top coat on the barn.
Went on and covered well, looks good over the first of winter so far.
Top coat was best Behr high-gloss enamel. Hasn't been warm enough since
mid-November consistently enough to paint since.

Cost essentially equivalent to others although only actual paint
distributor in town is Sherwin-Williams which I have not been pleased
with from what was done by Dad before returned to the place so
reluctantly went to Garden and HD. Gave about 15% off list for a total
order of 120 gal (40 primer/80 finish). Made cost about 10% less than
S-W would have been.

First batch of 5-gal buckets of finish all had skimmed over on the top
that made straining for spraying a pita. Gave up after first couple
hours and drove all the way back to Garden to get replacement. Checked
all 16 buckets and they were fine. No explanation, date code on first
was actually earlier by a month or so than the substituted....just took
a whole day to do the exchange w/ travel time and all...

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure...