John Rumm

Andy wrote:

Cheers again John, I worked out what you meant by slip connector
about 15 mins after posting my last message :-) Simple solution
really! I think I might do some practice solder joints on a spare pipe

Often the way... bit like sometimes it is only half way through
explaining something to someone that you suddenly "get it" properly
yourself!

and connectors first.... How do you keep the copper slip peice in
place when applying heat and then solder to a vertical installation
(assuming only one pair of hands are available!) ? Presumably
gravity will make it slide down the pipe ?

With a bit of luck it won't be that loose. If it is, you could give it a
gentle squeeze with a pair of grips to tighten it on the pipe first.

--
Cheers,

John.