Ken Weitzel

Default Phillips monitor

Hi guys...

Wonder if one of you might have experienced this before;
kinda point me in the right direction.

Magnavox (Phillips) monitor. Has developed a bad habit -
have to turn it on several times before video will appear.
Power comes up (led stops blinking); and I can hear a hint
of high voltage, but no video.

After several turning off and on's of the computer it will
start, but is quickly getting worse. Now if I shut it down
I have to wait several hours for it to cool down before I
have a hope of starting it again.

I have several monitors, but this is the only one that plays
nicely with my all in wonder card.

Anyone run into this before? I'm thinking caps, but have
no esr meter. Could wholesale change them out, but...

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Ken