OldNick

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:53:34 -0800, "Tom Dacon"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

It's not going to happen that fast. The media people get a little hysterical
about it. I'm a believer, but it's not going to be happening on anything
like a short time scale. You and your family and their children and THEIR
children, to many generations, will be long dead before there are any
serious effects,

You know this how?

Also, sometimes, media hysteria and other people's hysteria can be the
only thing that makes the mass of people aware that anything is wrong,
and thus _maybe_ slow the problem a little.