Gary Brady

Default Inexpensive oven style thermostat?

Ignoramus21962 wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive oven style thermostat to make a meat
smoker with settable temperature. Range of 150-300 degrees F would be
fine. The thermostat would have to have a sensor inside an enclosure,
and control an electric range style heating element. The lowest prices
that I have seen is about $55 or so. Is there anything cheaper that
I missed?

Try to find an old electric oven. Often the thermostat is still good
and will do what you want. They're often laying around for free. Check
my website for a similar use of salvaged oven parts.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX