Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:10:09 GMT, Dave wrote:

The only high comsumpsion items are the imersion heater on timer and
a 2kw oil filled radiator. she has been keeping daily readings and
the usage is as follows : Mon -Tue = 51 units Tue- Wed = 53 units.
Is this normal domestic use or could it be a faulty meter????

50+units a day is rather high thats an *average* consumption of 2kW.
We don't do any space or bulk water heating by electricty but do cook
by it and someone is home with lights and 'puters everyday. We use
just over 20units/day...

Others have already posted what it might be worth checking, but if
that heater is on for say 14hrs (0800 to 2200) thats 28 units assuming
it doesn't have a thermosat or the thermostat is working or hasn't
been wound flat out (quite likely).

Not sure how much a immersion would take couple of hours at 3kW so 6
more = 34 so still 20 to go. Around 10 could be allocated to fridges,
freezers, TV, lights etc, maybe it is a real consumption figure...
B-(

Of course this is a winter quarter so the bills will be higher but
double does seem a rather big jump. Not sure what benefits are
available for the eldery to help with heating, it's not be cold enough
long enough to trigger the winter payout but I think there are
benefits available for those on low incomes that don't require a long
cold spell.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail