Phil Bowser

I agree with "b" - it certainly does not sound degaussing related, based
on your description of the problem.

The only thing that "puzzles" me about the situation is your description
of "gradually" returning to normal. In the event of either solder
connections, or a H-K short I would expect the screen to abruptly change
from normal to blue (or green) (or red), but not gradually... If it were in
front of me, I would be using the old beat-on-it routine to try and decide
if you're dealing with solder connections or a tube. If minor bumps to the
cabinet or movement of the set corrects it, it is probably solder
connections. If it requires a really hard slap to the face of the tube with
the palm of your hand, I would say you've got an intermittent H-K short in
the CRT (Picture tube). If it doesn't respond at all to this tormenting,
you're probably looking at some solid state failure / electrically leaky
component like a video drive transistor, or AKB feedback component (You'll
need a schematic & parts list.)

Due to the fact that the symptom CHANGES, - leave the service menus
ALONE! - You'll only create for yourself another problem you'll have to go
back and correct once you fix the real problem.

"JM" wrote in message
Hi

I have the above model 32" widescreen TV that intially starts up OK for
first 30secs but then blooms into blue with thin horozontal sloped lines

in
blue.
Blueness gradually fades over the next 10-20minutes to a perfect picture
which lasts without further problem. Checking the web a positor

preventing
degaussing appears a possibility. Though switching on/off doesn't help

much
and no speakers are near by and TV has been unplugged and started

repeatly.

Any other suggestions / theories ? Can using service mode help further ?

Thanks

JM