Patriarch

"toller" wrote in
:

"Australopithecus scobis" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:34:46 -0800, wch wrote:

But I've always used old cotton socks, tshirts, towels, etc.
whatever I could get a hold of. I'm too cheap to buy rags unless
there's no
alternative. :-)

I'm still using up my daughter's diapers and burp rags. Just started
on an old flannel sheet.

You've got to be kidding! Oh, you used cloth diapers....
Actually I would think diapers would carry too much stain to be very
good; but we used disposable so I don't know.

They work pretty well, actually. By the time they have been washed 4000
times, there's very little lint left.

When my sisters cleaned out the closets after our mom passed away, they
brought me 4 large bags of dish cloths, sheets, diapers, whatever, washed
as clean as could be, for shop use. Many had come from _her_ mom's place.
It's nice to be able to pad shellac using linen...

Maybe in 5 years, I'll need to buy rags.

Patriarch