CW

No doubt there are such places. There are many areas that don't have much
need for a hardware store.

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"CW" writes:

I live in a very small town (2000). If I want anything I have to go to

the
next town population about 35000. There are three hardware stores there I
can think of off hand and yes, there is also a Lowes. Your idea of the

small
hardware store being almost extinct is bull.

I know a town of 12,000 where both hardware stores closed in the past
year. The nearest competitior of any size (little bitty lumber yard) is
12 miles away and the closest hardware store is 40 miles away. No Home
Depot or Lowes in town.

Brian Elfert