Gunner

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:54:45 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

Actually there are some cylinders that do use springs to retract them.
They are typically whjat is referred to as single action cylinders,
commonly ofund on items like power packs where there is only a
pressure or feed hgose from the pump to the cylinder. Once extended,
and you relieve pressure, it uses a spring to pull the ram back into
the cylinder, and the air is usually vented to atmosphere. If the
device has sufficent weight lots of single acting cylinders do not
utilize springs at all, and rely on weight / gravity to move them back
for another cycle. Spring retraction is doable but its slow compared
to powering with fluid.

I have one of these spring return cylinders that I need to find seals
for. Its from a 10 ton bench top (big bench!) Italian made press
(VTA?) I scounged up last week.

The vietnamese workers took it apart..and I dont think they put all
the parts in the coffee can....

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,