quisquiliae

John Stumbles wrote:
wrote:

(Analogies to software development - "the bug is in the spec", "no it
isn't, it's the way you coded it, and I'm an Analyst-Architect and I get
paid more so I must be right" are of course entirely spurious ;-)

Reminds me ... anyone got a (scanned) copy of the classic old joke
illustration you used to get in computer centres[1] of 'what the analyst
specified' 'what the programmer wrote' 'what systems implemented' etc
compared with 'what the client wanted'?

[1] Real ones with punched cards, paper tapes, and operators tending
over Real computers with their own airconned rooms and cooling systems.

I have at least one book (c 1970) with a version; I have seen several
variations over the years. I will scan my collection and post a link here.

Meanwhile

Google (images) for "What the customer really wanted" brings up
http://www.alberonsystems.co.uk/proj...cle_quiz.shtml

and "what the analyst specified"
http://www.progesis.net/humour.php

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"