Pete C

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:15 GMT, "Purple"
wrote:

I moved into my house last May and today I was removing the curtains the
previous owners had put up in the master bedroom. When I took them down I
noticed that the wallpaper has curled off the wall at the top corner of the
window and has bubbled away from the wall all the way down.

I know that the previous owners son did a lot of work in the house himself,
including having a stopcock that is on the wrong way round, to you need to
switch it to off instead of on if you want water! Though the house looks
nice it has been badly done if you look closely, lovely looking laminate
that has been badly fitted, a beautiful modern kitchen that on closer
expection shows that the fitting leaves a lot to be desired. Could the
wallpaper coming away from the wall just mean that they cut corners when
putting it up or could it be a sign of damp?

If it is a sign of damp, is there a way I could definitely check to see if
it is damp or do I need to call out a surveyor? Also if it is damp, how
would I treat it?

Sorry if I have asked some daft questions but this was my exs' department
and since we split up recently I am trying to do the best I can though I
have never been DIY minded, closest I have got was when I painted a couple
of walls in my old house!

Thankyou for any help you can give me

Francesca

Hi,

If it's continually damp it would most likely be mouldy. Probably just
iffy wallpaper pasting, maybe they diluted the last bit too much.

cheers,
Pete.