John Stumbles

(Analogies to software development - "the bug is in the spec", "no it
isn't, it's the way you coded it, and I'm an Analyst-Architect and I get
paid more so I must be right" are of course entirely spurious ;-)

Reminds me ... anyone got a (scanned) copy of the classic old joke
illustration you used to get in computer centres[1] of 'what the analyst
specified' 'what the programmer wrote' 'what systems implemented' etc
compared with 'what the client wanted'?

[1] Real ones with punched cards, paper tapes, and operators tending
over Real computers with their own airconned rooms and cooling systems.