TeamCasa

I like vertical grain fir, cypress or SYP - if you paint it.
Costs vary greatly in different areas. Check with your local hardwood
supplier, they will/should steer you in the right direction based on local
woods available.
Dave

"Herman Munster" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am thinking of building a screen door for the front of the house.
In the past I purchased one from the borg, real nice looking on the
outside, metal clad, removable full length glass, expensive.....
Particle board on the inside, now rotting thru and rusting.
My questions. If I were to rebuild the door, what wood would you use?
It will probably be painted white. But the wood needs to hold up to the
weather.
MT joinery or pocket screws or biscuits.
Q2. Do you see any problem salvaging the hardware (hinges, tracking to
hold
said glass, knob, etc) to re-use on new door.
TIA
Mark

http://www.usenet.com