Lee Michaels

"busbus" wrote in message
oups.com...
My shop is half of a two-car garage and I use a homemade mobile base
for my table saw and will need to do the same for additional equipment.

My problem is that the floor has one heck of a concave shape to it
going to the drain, so I have to finagle the saw until it sits solidly.
Of course, this isn't always the best position for all cuts.

I have tried a lot of things to help level it with various degrees of
success, but none that I am happy with (yet).

I was wondering if camper stabilier jacks, like these, would work:

http://tinyurl.com/6l6j9

They seem straight-forward, easy to use, and seem like they would
certainly stabilize the saw.

Any thoughts?

I am not sure that a ratchet type jack would offer a small enough increment
to really level the tool.

Have you thought about the crank type lifting unit that are often found on
boat trailers?? It seems to me that those are truly incremental. although I
don't know how strong they are.