N. Thornton

Default where can I get a good-quality air thermometer?

Hatch Beck wrote in message ...
Hi - where can I get a good-quality air thermometer, i.e. that is
accurate, robust, and has a big range (ideally -50 to +50 but -40 to +40
would do [°C]).

I don't trust those cheapo ones with a bimetal coil and attached needle.
I'm not too sure of the cheapo LCD-display ones either.

Hatch

Hi Hatch.

Theres no such thing unless youre willing to pay real money. The usual
household glass tube ones are always fragile, the metal spring ones
can be very inaccurate. The digitals are much better, but again arent
exactly built to last.

If youre serious you need a comercial electronic thermometer, but
expect to pay 3 figures. It will however give you everything youre
asking for, plus at least 0.1C accuracy.

Regards, NT