Grant P. Beagles

Around The Dallas Area there is Turner Hardware and Elliot's Hardware. Both
really great places. I can't take the check book in there unless my wife is
holding it!

Grant

Leon wrote:

"CW" wrote in message
I live in a very small town (2000). If I want anything I have to go to the
next town population about 35000. There are three hardware stores there I
can think of off hand and yes, there is also a Lowes. Your idea of the
small
hardware store being almost extinct is bull.

Exactly, I live in Houston. Houston has surrounded several small towns.
Southwest of Houston is a small city called. Stafford. The only thing that
separates them is the city limits line. In Stafford there is a Court's
hardware. Court's has been around a long long time and is family owned.
Court's is growing steadily and is cheaper than Lowe's and HD and every one
there, probably 11 employee's, can point you or advise you correctly every
time. HD and Lowe's has only sucked up the hardware stores that were
destined to fail. There are at least 4 HD's and Lowe's within 15 minutes of
that great hardware store.