Peter Grey

Manufacturers are putting stability enhancing systems in all types of cars,
not just SUVs. Trucks and SUVs roll over easier than cars because they have
a higher center of gravity and people drive them without thinking.

Peter

"Hitch" wrote in message
. ..
Stop me if I'm crazy, but isn't the fact that both Ford and GM are rushing
to adopt stability control an admission that the vehicles are inherently
unsafe under certain conditions? Seems like a car that needs a computer
get you out of trouble is like hiring someone to catch your horses when
they go out of the corral instead of installing a gate. Why don't they
just make trucks that don't roll over so easy?

News article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Nov11.html

--
John Snow