Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 17 Feb 2005 15:58:01 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

All I can tell you, Ed, is that Clinton claimed to have a surplus,
and in each of those years the amount of debt went up. If my checkbook
balance gets more negative on any given month, I don't call that a
surplus.

Clintons "surplus" was largely based on expected revenues stretched
over a 15 yr period. The implosion of the dot.com bubble, and the
recession pretty well took care of that.

And here, I thought you had no comment. g

The surplus was on current accounts, Gunner. Look at the budgets. Explain
them away, if you can.

--
Ed Huntress