BruceR

We tried a Roomba and returned it the next day. It didn't do a
particularly good job of cleaning and the carpet looked like crop
circles had been cut into it. If you miss the psychedelic 60's you might
like that but it looked awful to us.

From:aniram

Thinking about getting one of this gadget. However, I notice that
there are three types for Roomba : Standard, Roomba Red (or is this
Pro Lite?), and Roomba Discovery (or the one with SE on it). The price
starts around US $150, $225 form Pro-lite and $260 for Discovery. What
are the differences in those three? Which one is the best one... the
most expensive one (the Discovery)? I like the red colour (Pro
lite)... but does it has less features than the Discovery?
Then, I saw the Electrolux Trilobite ... a very nice machine, but it
costs around US $1600! Why is there so much difference in cost
between Roomba and Trilobite? Is Trilobite for real, heavy duty
cleaning (rather than a robotic "toy" like Roomba)? Is it worth to
get $1600 vacum cleaner in the long run? Has it better quality,
service and performance?
Need some opinion on this. Thanks.
Do any of these cleaners need a special order vacuum bags, which is
only supplied by the manufacturer?
I also heard about rechargable batteries... How fast that we need to
keep buying new batteries?
I am a little wary that I can get sucked by these manufacturers, which
probably have strategy to sell more of the accessories (just like a
cheap printers, when you have to pay a fortune for the ink... or a
free cell phone, but you have to pay arm and legs to use it).
Thanks for info.