aniram

Default Roomba vs. Trilobite

Thinking about getting one of this gadget. However, I notice that
there are three types for Roomba : Standard, Roomba Red (or is this
Pro Lite?), and Roomba Discovery (or the one with SE on it). The price
starts around US $150, $225 form Pro-lite and $260 for Discovery. What
are the differences in those three? Which one is the best one... the
most expensive one (the Discovery)? I like the red colour (Pro
lite)... but does it has less features than the Discovery?
Then, I saw the Electrolux Trilobite ... a very nice machine, but it
costs around US $1600! Why is there so much difference in cost
between Roomba and Trilobite? Is Trilobite for real, heavy duty
cleaning (rather than a robotic "toy" like Roomba)? Is it worth to
get $1600 vacum cleaner in the long run? Has it better quality,
service and performance?
Need some opinion on this. Thanks.
Do any of these cleaners need a special order vacuum bags, which is
only supplied by the manufacturer?
I also heard about rechargable batteries... How fast that we need to
keep buying new batteries?
I am a little wary that I can get sucked by these manufacturers, which
probably have strategy to sell more of the accessories (just like a
cheap printers, when you have to pay a fortune for the ink... or a
free cell phone, but you have to pay arm and legs to use it).
Thanks for info.