John Gilmer

"TURTLE" wrote in message
news

"Corinne" wrote in message
I have received two different opinions, and would like more if anyone can

help.

I have a heat pump and one tech told me that when it gets down to 28

degrees,
I should switch the heat over to auxiliary, which allows me to use the
furnace, and not the heat pump. Another tech told me not to do this.

Which one is correct, and why?

Thanks.

Corinne

This is Turtle.

If your furnace as you say is gas / oil / propane yes 28ºF is not a bad

temp. to
switch at but i like the 25ºF Better.

If your furnace is electric strips. I set them to automaticly switch at

20ºF by
way of out door thermostat.

Why "switch?"

Just let the strips come in automatically as the HP fails to maintain
temperature. The HP compressor keeps operating continuously.