Andy Hill

"TURTLE" wrote:
2] 1/2 of the other inside walls is solid Cypress Walls. I'm going to paint it
white with paint but I'm going to lay Sheet Rock over the wood walls , first to
level the walls & cover up the cracks that you can see through to the outside
and then paint it white. So 1/2 of the inside walls will be painting sheet rock
from scratch. i have been told primer white and then paint white paint. So how
to paint this ?

Cracks where you can see through to the outside? Hope you're planning on doing
one heck of a good caulking job on the outside before you paint...drywall
doesn't like wet. Even with the caulking, I'd probably lean towards greenboard
or skim-coated concrete board -- caulking has a habit of failing, and a camp
isn't something you can keep an eye on every day. Heck, I'd be real leery
about painting at all -- the walls don't sound all that moisture proof, and I
think you'll be looking at bubbled paint in short order on the non-drywalled
sections, and mold / mildew behind the drywall to boot.