SQLit

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Giving exact correct info is kinda like asking you what furnace and
ducting is needed without you seeing it on a old leaky house. Photos
would help alot. But few ideas and concerns are , you need to find out
if oil or wax was used on the paneling . If it is not clean your paint
may fail as nothing bonds to wax or oils. Wash an area of the paneling,
then take alcohol and see if wax residue comes off on a clean white rag.
For the paneling you may need something made to bond to poor surfaces
and gloss, a primer for your job not regular primer.

Id look for dark spots-areas near the bottom and the North exerior
walls, Spill some bleach on it, if it comes alot cleaner in 10 minutes
you have mold. No paint should be put on over mold as the paint wont
last. Mold is a plant. If you have mold which is likely if you are in
shade-humid-on the swamp get a garden sprayer and allot of bleach. Spray
the bleach before you power wash, letting it sit 30 minutes or so. You
can dilute it 50% but diluting it to much and it wont work well.

Cyprus wood? I don`t know cyprus wood but if it is an oily wood like
cedar you need oil primer or stain hiding or oil blead through will
happen. Coverage , again , can`t see it. is it porrus , dry, cracked?
Does water soak right in? Paint cans or product spec sheets have
coverage amounts, they are usualy a bit too optimistic. On old dry
cedar I can get real poor coverage maybe 100sq ft gal. Yes spraying is
best quickest. But you can waste paint if not careful . For the exterior
Consider oil stain, it wont peel , you can usualy spray 2 coats in a day
and don`t need a separate primer. New drywall you use cheap latex
primer, but the paneling may need something special, again can`t see it
to know what is on it now. A local paint store and or Sherwin Williams
will know your wood the best as I`ve never even seen Cyprus . They have
many grades of primer and finish products, they will help you pick the
best for your place. Don`t put product on hot surfaces or in the sun,
quick curing is usualy bad.

very good suggestions.