HeatMan

"habbi" wrote in message
Are there any heath issues associated with the pex tubing?

Not yet. And there probly not be any.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Matt wrote:
PEX is easier to install, therefore saving you money. Some people are
still terrified of PEX, due to an issue with an entirely different
kind of pipe (poly) in the 80's. It's actually more resistant to
bursting from freeze than copper.

Copper causes cancer, according to Effi. Other than that, I'm not
aware of any downside to copper, other than it bursts easily when
frozen.

I'd guess in another 10 years or so, copper will be phased out
completely in the mainstream.

Having said that, were I building a new house, I'd choose copper. No
real reason though, other than that's what was in my parents house,
and has been in every house I've ever owned. I don't need any new
inventions from you young wippersnappers.

I would have to agree with almost all of that. While I would go

with
copper today, (I would like to see more history of wide use of PEX

before
would want that.) but my parents house was galvanized pipe as was my

first
home.

--
Joseph Meehan