Peter Hemmings

Default Dishwasher with hot feed?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:14:31 +0000, Martin Angove wrote:

Since dishwashers have some quite hot programmes, why is it that they
usually only have a cold feed? Washing machines rarely come without a
hot feed, why not dishwashers?

Because most dishwashers have a water softener built-in which has to be
correctly set.
I have a Bosch and when talking to their technical department on another
matter, I inadvertently mentioned that I had connected it to my "soft"
cold water feed that went to my washing machine. I was told that this
would cause a problem with corrosion as the water would be doubled
softened by the dishwasher and he seemed quite adamant about it!

I still can't see how filling the machine with cold water and
electrically heating it is going to be any more efficient than tapping
off a little of the already-heated water from my gas-fired HW storage
system.

Hwyl!

M.