newsliner wrote:
I've had a Vaillant Ecomax 828E LPG combi boiler for just over a year
now, in my 2 bedroom chalet bungalow. The house used to have oil-fired
CH, but I changed it to LPG when the old boiler packed up.

On oil, it used to cost between 500 and 600 pounds a year to heat the
house and the hot water. I was expecting LPG to be between 25 and 50%
more expensive, but in the 2004 calendar year the LPG alone (without
standing charges etc) cost nearly £1300. I live on my own, and use
barely any hot water, and only heat the house to 18 degrees (room
thermostat) during the day and 16 degrees at night in the winter months
(end of Oct - March) plus the odd blast if things get chilly.

I think that's probably just an indication of how much more expensive
LPG is than oil for heating.

Next new boiler we get is going to be an oil one to replace an LPG one
for just the above reason.

--
Chris Green