Michael Black

"James Sweet" ) writes:
wrote in message
This is not about repair, but I thought someone on here might know.
Those little laser pointers that kids play with. What happens if you
shine them directly into your skin, such as a hand. Is that
dangerous? I know they use lasers for some types of plastic surgery
and I believe even to destroy cysts and stuff. I am sure those are
more powerful, but I still wonder about these pointers. One of the
kids keeps doing it, and said it makes the spot warm on their skin.
So I took the thing away from them. As a test, I pointed the thing at
a spot on my hand, and they are correct, it does make the spot warm.
That makes me more concerned about it.

PS. If my hand falls off, I will be sure to tell everyone. The things
parents have to do for their kids lol.

Mark

A flashlight will make a spot warm on your skin, laser pointers are no more
dangerous than a bright flashlight.

And how many of us didn't take a magnifying glass when we were kids and aim
the sun at hour hands. Done right, that can actually burn, but of course
we'd move the glass the second it hurt. No damage done.

Michael