A man

Default Wanted: TV antenna FAQ

My TV was bought about 1997. I have a Sony VCR/DVD player hooked up to it. TV
is in living room which faces south. Large picture window, 90"w x 33"h in
living room. TV reception is generally fair, but often goes to poor based on,
it appears, weather conditions. Sometimes UHF channels fade out to nothing,
like 35 and 41, sometimes VHF fades out, like ch 8. Some stations are local,
others are about 50 miles away. Of course, good reception depends on power of
transmitter, not necessarily distance from transmitter.

What can I do to improve reception? TV gets more signals via VCR than by
itself.
What kinds of external antennas work best? I mean, antennas in the living room,
or mounted on roof, or mounted in attic.
Do the disk type powered antennas, like from Radio Shack, work the best for the
price?
How about the powered rabbit ear types?
How about the can-shaped antenna marketed by Xium?

I have a T-shaped antenna with 2 wires at the bottom of the leg, I think it's
an old UHF antenna that is a complete loop. It is designed to be mounted
indoors on the wall. Will it work help to boost only UHF reception?

--
Say no to fixed width tables. They look terrible in all browsers.