Swingman

"TWS" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:31:54 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"TWS" wrote in message

perspective challenged diatribe snipped

takes a deep breath, looks around, and sheepishly climbs off his
soapbox...

As well you should.

If you want to defend MS as the great promoter of standards then I
suggest you bring some facts to the table. Until then keep your
shallow viewpoint to yourself.

OK, my friend, let's look at just whose "viewpoints" are indeed "shallow".
We'll take them one by one, from your very first mistake: posting about
something of which you obviously have only limited knowledge, a point which
you indeed prove.

For someone who supposedly "attended meetings" on USB (which YOU brought up
and tried to shoehorn into context), you appear to have slept through most
of them.

MSFT was only a small part of the consortium that brought USB into being.
Try Compaq, NEC, Northern Telecom, IBM, Intel and Digital as "CO-DEVELOPERS"
of the USB protocol as we know it today, NOT as you suggest something MSFT
"tried to force down the throat ..." (sic).

(That is an actual, and inarguable, FACT!)

With regard to "Apple" and networking ... to suggest that AppleTalk is a
"networking standard" in the industry is as laughable as it is ridiculous.

(And that is a reality based FACT, which only a fool would argue against.)

But, where you really give yourself away is with your comments regarding
"DHCP" and "DNS":

DHCP is a protocol for IP NETWORKS and was created by the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF), the body responsible for Internet protocols,
NOT MSFT!

(That, again, is an inarguable FACT!)

The fact that Apple talk does not use DHCP is a red herring introduced by
you, as AppleTalk is NOT an ip network! (see above)

(Also an inarguable FACT!)

And without DNS, even a Apple/ Mac couldn't get anywhere on the Internet
without knowing the ip address of every machine it wanted to visit.

(Another, absolutely inarguable, FACT!)

Now, as I originally indicated .. judging from the factual errors in your
original diatribe, I'd say your "scars" are solely a figment of your
imagination, and well you should have been "sheepish", as you admitted, for
even stepping up on the soapbox with that kind of misinformation.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04