TWS

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:31:54 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"TWS" wrote in message

perspective challenged diatribe snipped

takes a deep breath, looks around, and sheepishly climbs off his
soapbox...

As well you should.

If you want to defend MS as the great promoter of standards then I
suggest you bring some facts to the table. Until then keep your
shallow viewpoint to yourself.

As one who has the scars and continues to receive wounds from this
supposed purveyor of "Standardized" technologies I will be happy to
engage in a conversation on the matter fact for fact. Did you attend
the USB standardization meetings? Were you part of the back door
dialogs where the MDA (Marketing Discount Agreement) was the
argumentum ad baculum to convince sincere technologists to support
flawed proposals?

We have what we have because of marketing savvy and marketing force.
Let's not get carried away giving any credit beyond that. It is an
insult to those who sincerely tried to reach industry standards
consensus.

TWS