Stephen M

When I lock the headstock with the indexing pin, how do I turn the spindle
45 degrees. I know the spindle is indexed every 30 degrees and the holes
in the housing are 20 degrees apart (yeah, I read the book). What
combination of the two gives a movement of 45 degrees?

I have an eight spoke spinning wheel I am building for my elder daughter
(The things we do for our kids.) and need to index the wheel in 45 degree
increments.

Bad new Deb, you can't. The 1442 (I also recently acquired one) does
10-degree increments. 36 (360 degrees/10) does not divide by 8. You have the
choices of 2,4,6,9,10,12, and 18

Can you alter your design for 9-spokes?

-Steve